We believe a successful retirement starts with having a clear vision of what you really want in life!
To do this we believe...
- Everyone deserves “professional” financial advice, and while it may come at a cost it’s well worth the investment.
- Everyone SHOULD HAVE a written financial plan (a roadmap to the future)
- There are KEY risks that you must know about to make a successful transition to the retirement you envision
- One of these risks is Financial Advisor risk. There are people in this world who want to steal your money. And there are other good advisors who simply don’t specialize in retirement income planning.
- There is a way you can differentiate between the good and bad advisors
- Retirement Income Planning isn’t rocket science, but it does require specialized knowledge……… and not ALL advisors have this knowledge
- You really can “define your own future” and live the dream retirement you’ve nurtured for years. But…. it requires effort on your part, starting with a clear vision of what you really want, and then getting help from the right advisor.
Who We Serve
You're excited about retiring in the next 5 -10 years! Still, you wonder where all the money will come from when there is no paycheque, and this makes you a bit anxious. You may or may not have a pension, but you do have considerable savings. Like many Canadians you're not sure if it will be enough. Will your money last as long as you do? Will you need to invest differently? You wonder about CPP and OAS and how they fit into the big picture. When is the best time to start these pensions? You may be concerned about what you'll do in retirement and who you'll do it with. You aren't sure what your purpose will be once you no longer go to work everyday? You've never had a written plan to map this all out and feel it's time to get one.
You're already successfully retired, but don't have a written plan assuring that you won't outlive your money. You've done a great job saving to get where you are today. However, you think its time for guidance on how to invest differently now that you're spending your savings! What's the best way to arrange your savings so you pay less tax, both during your lifetime and when you pass it to the next generation? You may even struggle with assisting adult children financially, while also helping aging parents. There's only so much money to go around. Can you do this and still have enough for you? You wonder how you'll afford healthcare if you or your spouse need it? And what about passing on what's left to your family (assuming there is any left)? So many questions, but no written plan to help you sleep soundly.
After years of running a successful business, you're considering retirement. This is both thrilling and terrifying at the same time. You were great at making money “in the business” and happy with the lifestyle it provided. Selling and living off the money will be a whole new ballgame. You're debt free, and have substantial savings outside the company. Selling the business will take you to a new level of “liquid” wealth. With this comes considerable anxiety about what to do with the money and how to preserve it? Even so, you aren't sure if you can afford the lifestyle you've envisioned. Will it be enough? What's the best way to extract money from the company? How should you invest? What if you lost it all in the stock market? The stakes are so much higher now and you feel that you need some serious guidance.
Why have a financial plan?
“Think of a ship leaving a harbor and think of it with a complete voyage mapped out and planned. The captain and crew know exactly where it’s going and how long it’ll take. It has a definite goal. To help with the journey they also have sophisticated guidance systems on board. Now 999 times out of 1,000 it will get to where it started out to get.
Let’s take another ship just like the first only let’s not put a crew on it or a captain at a helm. Let’s give it no aiming point, no goal, no destination, and no automatic guidance systems. We just start the engines and let it go. I think you’ll agree that if it gets out of the harbor at all, it’ll either sink or wind up on some deserted beach, a derelict. It can’t go any place because it has no destination and no guidance, and it’s the same with a human being.”
Earl Nightingale’s, The Strangest Secret
Financial planning is your guidance!
- A financial plan starts with you creating a vision for your future (the Destination)
- Add a Certified Financial Planning Professional® with their specialized knowledge and planning skills (the Captain)
- Sometimes you may need to include other professions in the mix: accountants, lawyers, insurance advisors (the Crew)
- Together they will work with your vision, creating a written financial plan for the future. (The Map to your destination)
Our Tried and True Process is called:
The Fearless Retirement BluePrint™
From the Blog
Ready to Start Planning?
If you know you need a plan and are ready to get started, click on the Select Your Plan Level Button below.
If you’re still not sure what type of plan you need or just want to chat with us about your situation, we’re always happy to set up a Fit Meeting. This is a Free Consultation where you can get your questions answered. It’s also a great way for us to see if we can provide value to you and if so, help determine what level of plan would be most appropriate for you. If we don’t think we can bring any value to you, we’ll let you know. Click the Book Free Consultation button below to schedule your Fit Meeting!